With the cold weather outside and me missing an audition because I google mapped the wrong theater, I was off to a crummy start to my rehearsal, but it usually turns out that my mood changes as we get more warmed up. I messed up a few scenes in the rehearsal but the take aways for me were:
- How important it is to name your scene partner.
- Rather than saying how my character feels, act like that. Show rather than tell. The acting part.
- Just pay more attention to the details of the scenes from the side lines, so that I can come with more information into the scenes.
- Tagging into scenes with ideas that are not premise based more based on the character and how that character would react in a different situation. Time jumps are ok.
- Other edits from the Weir Dass which can be theme-based or location-based.
Overall, I had a busy weekend with improv with a show on Friday, two classes back to back on Saturday and my Playground team rehearsal on Sunday, so I guess I might have had too much improv and I wasn’t ask into the rehearsal as I would normally be. Oh well! There is always next time.